What is a Payable Invoice?
For an invoice to be paid the following items must be included/completed:
- Name of vendor clearly on invoice
- Property name/address clearly visible on invoice
- Date of service done
- Hours spent and description of what was done
- Invoice total within approved amount
- Rate of job or hourly rate
- Photos (if applicable, but they always help)
- Checklist of what was completed (if applicable)
All invoices must be turned in within 7 business days of completion of work. Anything sent in over that time will be paid on a case by case basis.
If your invoice was over the approved amount, it will be evaluated and will possibly take more time to process payment.
Please do not mail your invoice. It needs to be emailed or faxed. If you have any questions on this, let us know.
How Do Vendors Get Paid?
We value our vendors and want to ensure you get paid the fastest. We pay a lot of bills, so this is how we pay vendors to ensure everyone gets consistent and reliable service.
Payment Methods (in order of speed)
- Credit Card (same day as completion OR invoice is received)
- EFT (Sent every Friday, approx 4 business days before in your account). Please note invoices must be received electronically prior to Thursday.
- Check (1 week plus mail delivery)*
*Sorry checks are not cut at our office, so you are not able to pickup checks.
Submitting an Invoice
- 1. Setup Your Account with Us - Please send in your name, bank account and routing number to firstname.lastname@example.org (first time only)
- 2. Email Your Invoice* - Please send your company invoice containing at least: property address, description of work, your name & address. All invoices must be sent to email@example.com ONLY.
- 3. Email Photos - Since most our owners are out of town, before and after photos are required. Just a few with a smartphone are fine. Please email with your invoice, or in a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you are not able to email an invoice, you can fax it to us (877) 782-8448. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DELIVERED OR MAILED INVOICES
If you are authorized to spend up to a certain amount, we expect to receive an invoice under that amount. For example if $150 was approved, we'd get an invoice for the actual invoiced amount, not $150, which outlines your hours, rate and materials.
Invoices must contain time and materials, unless you bid a job, and in that case we will have detailed bid outlining work to be done. For example your hourly rate, the time spent and the materials you used. This information is provided to our owners to justify your invoice.
Tips for Vendors
Here are some common questions we get and a few expectations.
Each work order contains a maximum budget amount allowed for the repairs. We anticipate the work being less than the budgeted amount, and expect the invoice to reflect that (See Invoices section below for details). If the work required is over the budgeted amount, get in touch with us immediately. Do not start if you feel the work will be over your approval.
- Getting in Touch
Our phones are open from 10AM to 2PM, should you need immediate approve over your budget amount, please call (530) 404-5404 and follow the prompts for the emergency maintenance line.
- Invoices & Bids
Invoices must contain time and materials, unless you bid a job, and in that case we will have detailed bid outlining work to be done. For example if $150 was approved, we'd expect to get an invoice with a specific dollar amount that includes labor (including rate) and materials less than $150. This would rarely, if ever, come out to $150 exactly.To submit a bid, outline specific work that is needed (including time, labor rate, and materials). This information is provided to our owners to justify approval of the work.
- Getting Paid
Please send your company invoice, or an email with all required information such as: property address, description of work, your name & address and amount to email@example.com. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DELIVERED OR MAILED INVOICES. If you are not able to email an invoice, you can fax it to us (877) 782-8448.
- 1099 Reporting
We only send 1099 to our vendors, whom which we have SSN on file and were paid over $600 in a tax year.
- Work Orders
All work will be requested via a formal work order sent by email. Be sure to read this carefully! We follow up via voice or text to confirm your work order was received.